AKWOS Mission is: “To Empower East-African Women, starting from Rwanda, through Sports and Education. By doing so, AKWOS will contribute to the alleviation of poverty , HIV/AIDS prevention and improving the well-being of women and girls in East-Africa, and in the Rwandan society in particular.
In pursuing this mission, AKWOS adopted the following specific objectives:
- To promote Women’s sports in Rwanda and in the Region;
- To raise Women’s awareness of sports activities;
- To assist Rwandan Women in the promotion of their rights;
- To assist Rwandan women in the creation of a forum for integration and Reconciliation through sports;
- To promote awareness and education among Rwandan Women about HIV/AIDS, Unity and Reconciliation, Women Rights, Gender-Based Violence , Peace and Security, Social and Economic Rights ;
- To provide a meeting ground inclusive of women from different classes, Educational and Ethnic backgrounds;
- To use sports as a tool to heal the trauma caused by the 1994 Rwanda Genocide;
- To monitor and evaluate Women project activities.
- Promote women soccer in Rwanda and in the region.
- Draw the women’s attention to sport activities
- Assist Rwandan women promote their rights and self-confidence
- Promote awareness among Rwandan women about the dangers of the HIV/AIDS Pandemic
- Create through women sports a forum for integration and reconciliation
- Provide a meeting point between the elite and uneducated women for exchange of ideas